Our mission is "to partner with our community to save more animals."
Our vision is to establish Loudoun County as a no kill community.
Our Strategic Plan
The Humane Society of Loudoun County has taken a bold and exciting step to implement the No Kill Equation as our Strategic Plan. We feel that the components of this equation are the most effective plan to save a higher percentage of animals in our community. We know that with the help of individuals, local businesses, animal related organizations as well as non animal related, our local government, and especially you, we can reach our goal of saving more animals in Loudoun County.
All of the No Kill Equation components (as listed below) have to be implemented comprehensively in order to be most effective.
- Rescue Partnerships: HSLC will collaborate with other organizations to save animal
- Volunteers: You can help our effort by becoming a volunteer.
- Fosters: Please open your heart and your home to foster an animal in need. If offers them a second chance at life and a loving home.
- Trap, Neuter, Return: HSLC will work to manage the over population of animals in Loudoun County.
- Pet Retention: Pets are family and we want to help your family stay together. If you need help with your pet, please call us.
- Comprehensive Adoption Program: We will work to find forever homes for the animals we rescue by having adoption events every month that are responsive to the community needs.
- Public Relations/Community Involvement: We will market our programs to the community and ask for feedback so they will be effective.
- Medical and Behavior Prevention & Rehabilitation: We will put in place comprehensive vaccination, handling, cleaning, socialization, and care policies before animals get sick and rehabilitative efforts for those who come in sick, injured, unweaned, or traumatized.
- High Volume, Low-Cost Spay & Neuter: We will implement no and low cost spay neuter programs for the community to reduce the number of animals that enter the shelters and rescues.
- Proactive Redemptions: We will educate on preventative measures to keep your pets safe and at home including micro chipping.
- Compassionate Director/Organization- We will work hard and we will be compassionate with our decisions regarding the welfare of animals.
Finances & Policies
HSLC takes its responsibility for providing superior care to
the animals of Loudoun County very seriously and relies on the
generosity of the community to accomplish our important mission.
HSLC is committed to complying with all applicable Federal and
local regulations governing non-profits and animal welfare
organizations. HSLC gladly provides the following documents for
public review. Please direct any inquiries to: email@example.com
Thank you for supporting the Humane Society of Loudoun County!